Friday, September 25, 2015

Not Ridin' With Biden For This

I'm once again reminded why I haven't thrown my support behind Joe Biden, because whenever I start feeling like I should be doing so, he goes and says things like this.

Vice President Biden in an interview with a Jesuit publication says that he accepts Catholic doctrine that abortion is “always wrong.” 
Biden, who is publicly struggling with whether to run for the White House, is pro-abortion rights, and he said there’s a debate among Catholics over that issue. 
“Even – I don’t want to start a theological discussion, I’ll get in trouble, it’s above my pay grade, although it’s my avocation, but there’s, you know, there’s even been disagreement in our church, not that – abortion is always wrong, but there’s been debate, and so, there’s, for me, at a point where the church makes a judgment, as we Catholics call fide doctrine, said, this is what our doctrine is,” Biden said in an interview with America published on Monday. 
Biden also said that he believes life begins at conception. 
“I’m prepared to accept that at the moment of conception there’s human life and being, but I’m not prepared to say that to other God-fearing, non-God-fearing people that have a different view,” he said. 
He added that there is room in the Democratic Party for people who believe abortion should be illegal. 
“Absolutely, positively,” he said. “And that’s been my position for as long as I’ve been engaged.”

No, Joe.  There really isn't room in the Democratic Party of 2015 for people who think abortion should be illegal when it's been legal for 40 years now.  And I'm extremely disappointed that you accept that doctrine, when as President you should be accepting the law.

And yeah, reminder, Joe Biden is an old white guy from a small state that got his ass kicked in the 2008 election, but made a good VP with strong foreign policy chops.  As president I would take him in a heartbeat over any Republican.

But over any Democrat?

We've got to come to terms with the fact that precisely none of the folks running for 2016 will be Obama's third term, and it's a real toss-up as to which one is the closest because of how utterly far away from Obama all of these candidates are from the man.

And yeah, that includes Joey B.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails