Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Last Call For Angus Flipper King

I swore that Maine Independent Sen. Angus King was going to ditch the Dems for the GOP back in April after the midterms should the Republicans win the Senate.  Hell, Angus King said as much.

Sen. Angus King (I-Maine), who caucuses with the Democrats, will decide after the midterm elections whether to switch sides and join the Republicans.

He is leaving open the possibility of aligning himself with the GOP if control of the upper chamber changes hands.“I’ll make my decision at the time based on what I think is best for Maine,” King told The Hill Wednesday after voting with Republicans to block the Paycheck Fairness Act, a measure at the center for the 2014 Democratic campaign agenda.

But apparently not only was I wrong, so was Angus King.







So for now, Flipper hasn't jumped.

Whether or not he'll vote with the Dems, well.  That's a whole 'nother thing.


2 comments:

Horace Boothroyd III said...

Obviously he won't defect as the GOP does not need his vote and will offer no enticements. The issue all along was that he made it plain that he was open to defecting in the not unlikely event (I calulated about 20%) that the election itself ended in a 50:50 split. In that case a defector would have been incredibly valuable and he would have been able to name his price to either party.

So I am not congratulating the two faced bastard for sticking with the caucus, I don't trust him as far as I can throw a teevee, and I am going to keep an eye on him from here on out in case he turns GOP mole.

Horace Boothroyd III said...

Indeed.
.
From what I see the hispanic block made good on its threat to stay home. How important that was, we have to figure out.
.
It will be really interesting to see how happy they are with the new Boss, who kind of has a reputation for despising them and whipping up hysterical white people against them, but as ever in politics you make your calculation and place your bets and live with the results and hold a grudge for decades against the people who knifed you in the back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails