Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's Funny, Aside From That "Shooting" Thing

It's so rare that a story about a shooting is a tad bit funny that I had to share.  Please let me say that I am so sorry this man was shot before I begin to boggle yet again at the heaps o' irony.

A West Virginia man who told authorities he was hitchhiking across the country and writing a memoir about kindness was injured in a seemingly random drive-by shooting near Montana's booming Bakken oil patch.
Ray Dolin, 39, was shot in the arm as he approached a pickup Saturday evening, thinking the driver was offering him a ride, said Valley County Sheriff Glen Meier.
The freelance photographer, who runs a business called OneShot Impressions, was injured about three miles west of the town of Glasgow, along rural U.S. Highway 2, a major route into and out of the oil patch.
A 52-year-old man from Washington state, Lloyd Christopher Danielson III, was arrested about four hours later near Culbertson. Authorities said Danielson was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. They released no motive in the shooting.
OneShot Impressions?  Bwahahahahaha.

Now seriously, I would love to have seen such a journey completed, and of course sad to see a nice man get shot in a misunderstanding.  I don't know why it struck my funny bone, but I was amused.  

If they say bath salts was behind this, expect to hear more outrage.  Celebrate with us, on this magnificent day our Ironic tag was born.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails