Thursday, March 8, 2012

Show Me Stupidity: Busty Edition

So, Zandar tipped me off that Missouri is putting a bust of Rush in the Missouri State Capitol, where there are many famous Missourians.  Facepalm.  Headdesk.  A cussing rant that made my cat blush, followed by a thin trail of drool from when I went into a StupidiComa trying to digest this.  I can't say I have never been more ashamed of my state, but it's pushing the limit.

Of course the Democrats are protesting, and rightfully so.  Famous does not mean good, celebrity status does not equal worthiness.  Limbaugh is a disgrace to his profession and everyone who backs him, and I'm mortified that he may be forever associated with Missouri.  For what it's worth, I had missed out on that fact until this called it to my attention.

He does not belong in the same hallway as Mark Twain, Harry Truman, and other people who actually contributed to the world.  To continue to "honor" Rush Limbaugh is to give value to his attitude towards women and minorities.  It's like Missouri is saying "it's cool, we don't give a crap about them either, please proceed."  On the flip side, can you imagine the message it would send if Missouri changed their minds after he called Fluke a slut?  That's a powerful message, but I'm afraid this backwards state just doesn't have the balls or the brains to take a stand.

The same sculptor is working on a bust of Dred Scott, taking mixed messages to a scary level.  Scott was a slave who sued for his freedom and was denied in the infamous Dred Scott Decision.  Scott's plight eventually led to massive changes, due to the outrage of people at the reasoning for the decision.  Basically, his human rights weren't as valuable as the theoretical inconvenience to his owner.  Makes me think a lot of Republicans voting against fair pay for women because of the burden it might put on businesses to have to be fair.  Now that is a man and a statement worth honoring.  That says that unfair things happen, but good will triumph in the end.

Rush is a publicity whore, to reward him is disgusting.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails