Monday, March 12, 2012

Johnny Volcano Rewrites History

I didn't see Game Change this weekend on HBO, I basically live blogged it while it was happening in reality, folks.  No need to relive that dark chapter in American history and how it set back the country a good 10 years.  Still, it's interesting to see how FOX News Sunday was all about how the film hurt John McCain's tender, tender fee-fees.

Fox News host Chris Wallace on Sunday asked the Arizona senator to respond to HBO’s movie “Game Change,” which implies that he only selected Palin because she was a woman.

“I thought she was the best qualified person,” McCain insisted. “I thought she had the ability to excite our party, and the kind of person that I wanted to see succeed in the political arena. She was a very effective and successful governor [of Alaska]. Again, I look forward and not back.”

“What I don’t understand, even in the tough world of politics, why there continues to be such assaults on a good and decent person, Sarah Palin, a fine family person, a person whose nomination energized our campaign,” he said. “We were in the lead and they continue to attack and disparage her character and her person.”

But it was the way he was portrayed by actor Ed Harris that seemed to most get under McCain’s skin.
“I’m portrayed as using an exceeding amount of coarse language,” the failed nominee explained. “I don’t use course language very often. I have a larger vocabulary than that.”

If Sarah Palin was the most qualified person as veep in 2008, why is she not running now in 2012?  Also, McCain didn't actually watch the film either, he says.  That's cool.  He didn't vet Palin, too.  He's not done a lot of things in hindsight he probably should have, which is why he lost to Barack Obama.

Dipstick.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails