Sunday, March 25, 2012

I Thought That Bucked Of Blood Looked Familiar...

So, they are remaking Carrie (the Stephen King classic).  It is still being cast, but it's a good time for this story to come back out to a fresh generation.  The theme of bullying, redemption, and some good old ass-kicking for being mean never goes out of style.  If they stay true to the story, the religious craziness was always the part that disturbed me the most.  Especially if you read the book and get full exposure to her mother's insanity.

Carrie always amazed me, that a young man could get into the head of a teenage girl and paint such a realistic person.  In his book On Writing, King admits he never liked Carrie White, he found himself as disgusted as the girls did.  I can understand.  The entire time I was hoping for better, I was still grossed out deeply by her, and through no fault of her own.  I actually felt guilty for not liking her, which was his purpose.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails