Saturday, December 31, 2011

Zandar's 2011 Scorecard

Welp, this is the day of the year I open up my Future Stupidity files and get depressed over how terrible I am at predicting said future.

This year I wasn't even close on my ten.  The GOP didn't shut down the government and allowed DADT to be repealed without a huge fight, unemployment got better, not worse, POTUS technically didn't veto anything, Julian Assange didn't get disappeared, and the Dow ended the year not only above 10k, but 12k.

I was only right on 3 of 10:  California did ask for federal money for a number of programs to close its budget hole, despite the Kindle Fire, the iPad 2 continues to dominate (for now) and I did manage to call the GOP embracing birtherism in 2011...in fact every single candidate did with the exceptions of Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman.

My SCOTUS predictions were a wash as those cases, California's Prop 8 and the PPACA's individual mandate will be taken up in 2012.

At best, I'm 3 for 9.  Still pretty bad.  We'll see how I do with my predictions later today for 2012.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails