Friday, December 23, 2011

Semi-Sweet Justice

When an 81-year-old woman thought her daughter had been killed, she charged the criminals and beat them with her aluminum cane.  At least one shot was fired at her but missed.

"I thought she was dead," Lopez said. "I yelled at [the gunman], 'I am going to kill you, [son of a b----]!' I wasn't myself. To me, she was dead."

The daughter, Teresa Medina, on Wednesday sported a large bruise under her left eye, where she says she was pistol-whipped. She had scrapes and bruises on her arms and back.

Hialeah police were still trying to find the assailant and a getaway driver, who escaped with the daughter's purse despite the efforts of the 4-foot-9 Lopez.

They may have also been trying to steal the vehicle. The loss of the purse is more terrifying for the personal information we often keep tucked in our bag, considering the criminals may not feel too forgiving.  Mother and daughter are afraid to leave the house until the criminals are caught. They have changed their holiday plans and will be hosting events so they are more comfortable. I would assume the criminals are done with them, but there is no understanding The Stupid and what they might do.

Still, anytime an octogenarian kicks a little ass, you can bet it will be proudly hailed on Zandar Versus The Stupid.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails