Sunday, October 2, 2011

Real Housewives Gets Dose Of Reality

The Real Housewives series is being hard hit.  Suicide from one-off cast members, regulars leaving the show, and now some leaving without being asked.  Jacqueline Laurita tweete "Teresa is scum!" There are rumors she has left the show amid fights with cast and crew.  Of many planned changes, I don't think this was one of them.


I'm not a big Housewives fan.  I like a little NYC on a rainy Sunday, but for the most part I think watching spoiled she-hawks try to justify living like wasteful fools is more than I can bear.  I'm grossed out by the indulgence, and the "as long as it makes me happy how could it be wrong" mentality that is so common of the spoiled.  I do recall watching one interchangeable blond stamp her foot and bawl because dinner wasn't how she wanted... and never realize how ridiculous she was.  That sums up the experience for me. Like Bridezillas, but with a budget.


Maybe reality TV is about to get more real, and these hollow creatures will disappear.  That would bring TV up several notches with one smart move.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails