Thursday, August 25, 2011

Last Call

OK, I understand that Qaddafi is a bit eccentric, but this is just uncomfortably weird here.

Libyan rebels successfully raided the compound of Muammar Gadhafi and found amongst his possessions guns, cars and valuable artwork.

According to Newser, Gadhafi's compound also holds unusual objects such as his daughter's gold mermaid couch, a statue of a giant hand crumpling a U.S. fighter jet, and golf carts that rebels seem to enjoy riding in as they celebrate their success.

However, the object that seems to raise the most eyebrows is a photo album filled with pictures of former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

In his 2007 interview with Al-Jazeera television, Gadhafi boasted, "I support my darling black African woman," he said. "I admire and am very proud of the way she leans back and gives orders to the Arab leaders...Leezza, Leezza, Leezza...I love her very much. I admire her and I'm proud of her because she's a black woman of African origin."

Yeah, in addition to everything else, dude had his stalker scrapbook of Condi Rice.  I'm not sure what's creepier, a septuagenarian dictator hitting on a woman 25 years younger than him, or a world leader obsessed with Condi Rice to have a scrapbook of her.

Eeeeeugh.  *shudder*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails