Thursday, June 9, 2011

This Week In GOP Pants On Fire Lies

This week's PolitiFact Pants on Fire Liar?  GOp Presidential...umm..."hopeful" Herman Cain.

On "The Glenn Beck Program" radio show May 24, the Republican presidential hopeful tried to rebut accusations that in March he said he would not appoint Muslims to Cabinet positions or federal judgeships in a potential Cain administration.

"I did not say that I would not have them in my Cabinet. Because if you look at my career, I have hired good people regardless of race, religion, sex, gender or orientation and this sort of thing," Cain told Beck.  

Only one problem.  Three, actually.  Herman Cain indeed said he would not appoint a Muslim to his cabinet, and said it three separate times.

He said it here to Think Progress:



He said it again to our old pal Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association on Fischer's show:



And he said it a third time to Neil Cavuto on FOX.



Three times Herman Cain clearly said he would not appoint a Muslim to his cabinet, and he went on in those instances to explain exactly why:

"And based upon the little knowledge that I have of the Muslim religion, you know, they have an objective to convert all infidels or kill them," Cain said.

But he's not a bigot.

"No, I will not," Cain replied. "And here’s why. There is this creeping attempt, there’s this attempt to gradually ease Sharia law and the Muslim faith into our government. It does not belong in our government."

But remember, not a bigot.

"A reporter asked me ‘Would I appoint a Muslim to my administration?’ I did say ‘no,’ " Cain told Cavuto.

"And here’s why ... I would have to have people totally committed to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States. And many of the Muslims, they’re not totally dedicated to this country," he said.  

And you're the bigot if you think Hermain Cain has an irrational hatred of Muslims.  He's totally qualified for President with statements like this.


New tag:  Herman Cain Is Just Misunderstood.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails