Monday, April 25, 2011

Last Call

To my extreme disappointment, Boss Hogg is not running for President of Hazzard County the United States.

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) announced on Monday that he will not seek the presidency in 2012, saying that his supporters "deserve no less than absolute fire in the belly from their candidate. I cannot offer that with certainty, and total certainty is required."

"I will not be a candidate for president next year," Barbour wrote in a statement. "This has been a difficult, personal decision, and I am very grateful to my family for their total support of my going forward, had that been what I decided."

Barbour was on the short list for potential 2012 candidates, but got into a bit of trouble in the past few months for, among other things, praising the Civil Rights-era white supremacist group the Citizens Council.

His wife recently said the thought of Barbour running for president "horrifies me."

Not me, Obama probably would have won all fifty states against him.

Including Mississippi.  Would have made my year.  Oh well, the GOP will just have to find somebody else ridiculous to lose to Obama run for President.  Luckily, they have plenty of ridiculous to choose from!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails