Thursday, March 17, 2011

Last Call

Well this pisses me off to no end.  I actually completely agree with Rand Paul.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Thursday that opposes any U.S. military intervention in Libya as the Obama administration has begun pushing for greater United Nations involvement in the conflict.

“I have great sympathy for people that are involved in that war there,” Paul said in response to a question on Libya at a news conference on the federal budget. “We’re involved in two wars right now, and I don’t think we really need to be involved in a third war. I do think the questions of war are the most important decisions we make as a country and as representatives, and that needs to be something that is considered and voted on in the Senate and the House. I tell people I won’t vote to go to war unless I’m ready to go or send my kids.”

Paul added that in addition to financial questions about American involvement in Libya, there are other concerns, including the lack of more information about the opposition forces in the country.

“Can somebody anywhere tell me with a surety that the people fighting against Gaddafi are not in favor of radical Islamic government or radical Sharia-type government?” Paul asked. “I don’t know that. I’m not sure anybody knows that. I’m not sure anybody even knows who the leaders are. It’s not that I don’t sympathize with them wanting to overcome a tyrant. I just don’t know if I know enough that I’m willing to go and say that I’m absolutely fighting for freedom by going over there or sending our kids over there.”

It's a good thing it's St. Patty's day, because right now I need to knock back a few.   Jesus hell, he actually said something that I would have said in his place.  Meanwhile the UN Security Council has voted to bomb the crap out of liberate Libya, and take "all necessary measures" to protect civilians, opening the way for the eventual, inevitable US ground invasion of Libya.  France is eager to begin, saying the air war could start in less than 24 hours.  There will be no "occupation force", it will simply be called something else.

And so we will most likely be bombing Libya sometime this weekend.  West Texas Intermediate shot up $6 from $96 to $102 today, and when the bombing starts expect the real fun to begin.

Five dollars per gallon gas as a national average is only months away at this point, and here I am agreeing with effing Rand Paul.

Bartender, another round, please.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails