Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Last Call

Rep. Chris Lee, we hardly knew ye.  And that's a good thing.

Rep. Chris Lee (R-NY) has resigned from Congress, following a report in Gawker that the married politician had been seeking dates on Craigslist -- and sending photos of himself sans shirt, in order to demonstrate that he was a "fun fit classy guy" -- while falsely representing himself as a divorced lobbyist.
Lee said in a statement:
"It has been a tremendous honor to serve the people of Western New York. I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents. I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness.

"The challenges we face in Western New York and across the country are too serious for me to allow this distraction to continue, and so I am announcing that I have resigned my seat in Congress effective immediately."

So this story went from EPIC FAIL this morning to "Damn, he resigned over that?" this evening.



So, boom. Special election will be needed this spring. If this is the new bar for resignation in the House, there's going to be a lot of empty chairs.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails