Monday, January 17, 2011

A Bite Out Of The Apple

All the details haven't broken, but Steve Jobs has asked to take a medical leave of absence.

"At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company," Jobs says in the letter.

What does this mean for Apple?  Not much change, likely.   Jobs isn't a spring chicken and any responsible company would have a long string of options for this type of event.  And let's face it, when a company defines your life, you are never out of the loop.  I wish him the best, and hope this leave is temporary.

3 comments:

Rob Wolfe said...

Good Grief, he is only 55. That is not exactly ancient.

i usually reserve "not a spring chicken" for those in their 70's at least.

Bon said...

You're right, I guess it's because he has been around for so long. Duly noted. He is a late spring chicken.

Chris Taus said...

Why is everyone so worried about the leave that Steve would take? Apple still do have company executives. He's not the only one who's thinking innovatively for the company, there are many who can still make or invent a hi-tech gadget. Apple would still run. Get well soon Steve!

Related Posts with Thumbnails