Monday, December 27, 2010

Zandar's 2010 Scorecard

Time to take a look at my 2010 predictions to see how I did.  Here's what I said would happen in 2010:

  1. Democrats maintain control of the House and Senate.  The teabaggery is just too much for the middle to take and Republicans filibustering the jobs bill is just too much. Harry Reid and Chris Dodd lose however.
  2. Thompson Prison in Illinois gets some Gitmo inmates.  The plan to close Gitmo proceeds...slowly.
  3. Health care reform passes, but gets tied up in court immediately by Republicans and threatened by state efforts to nullify the law.
  4. Cap and Trade dies.  It will however be the major fight in 2011.
  5. Unemployment in 2010 will hit 11% at some point.  It won't be pretty.
  6. Apple releases the iTablet...and nobody cares.  Also, the iPhone will be released on other networks besides AT&T.
  7. Tim Geithner gets fired.  Yeah I know, I said this last year, but c'mon.
  8. The stock market will turn back down again and the Dow will close under 10k on Dec 31, 2011.
  9. Obama will sign another stimulus for states facing massive budget holes.
  10. This blog will roll on for another year.
By my count, that's half a point, miss, called it!, called that too, not quite, major miss, nope, odds are damn good I'm wrong, he sure did, and yes.

Four and a half out of ten is still not great, but better than my two for ten performance last year.  Going into 2011 and a GOP House, I'm going to take a little more care this week to work up more realistic predictions for the 31st.

We'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually you're two for nine. # 10 shouldn't count. Remind me again why anyone should turn to you for political analysis again?

Anonymous said...

And by that I mean you got #3 and #4 right, the rest were all wrong in some way.

Your 4.5 out of 10 is generous to the point of intellectual dishonesty.

Bon said...

Woot! And number ten is the best of all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails