Saturday, October 2, 2010

The O'Donnell Meatball War

Real Time host Bill Maher continues to comb the video of his old political panel show Politically Incorrect and keeps running across clips of Christine O'Donnell making an idiot out of herself circa 1999.



In 1999 Christine O'Donnell told Bill Maher that she'd briefly tried Buddhism, and that she'd tried to be a Hare Krishna but couldn't take the vegetarianism.

"I was dabbling into every other kind of religion before I became a Christian," O'Donnell said on "Politically Incorrect," a July 19, 1999 clip revealed tonight on Maher's HBO show "Real Time."

Then the kicker:

I was dabbling in witchcraft, I've dabbled in Buddhism. I would have become a Hare Krishna but I didn't want to become a vegetarian. And that is honestly the reason why -- because I'm Italian, I love meatballs!

O'Donnell, now the Republican Senate nominee in Delaware, has described herself as a devout Catholic and she targeted evangelical voters during her successful primary campaign.

I wouldn't trust this woman to watch a crock pot, let alone be a United States Senator.  And yet there she is, the GOP candidate, admitting crazy stuff like this on national television.

Jesus wept.  Arguably so does the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails