Thursday, October 28, 2010

Epic Not Even My Worst Enemy Fail

Not even Christine O'Donnell deserves to be treated like a piece of meat, as Gawker goes straight for the garbage can with "I Had A One Night Stand With Christine O'Donnell".

It really didn't take very long for Christine to make her move. She'd grabbed my hand on the way from the apartment to South Street, so I can't say I was totally surprised when she leaned in to kiss me soon after we arrived at the bar.

I could tell when we first met that Christine was older than me. I was 25, and although I never asked her age, I'd have guessed she was in her early 30s. It was only recently that I found out her real age and learned she was in her late 30s when we hooked up. There's a 14-year gap between us, but she looks good for her age. I don't think I'd heard the word "cougar" yet at that point, but that's probably what I'd call her.

Aggressive is another word I'd use to describe her. At the bar, she confessed to me that her aunt really hadn't been sleeping. She hadn't even gone to her apartment to check, she said. She had remembered me from our five-minute meeting the previous summer, and used the story about her aunt as an excuse to knock on my door. She'd set her sights on me from the beginning.

Christine was pretty intense, and she was pretty outspoken that night, but we didn't talk politics much. Her aunt had told me that Christine ran for Senate a year earlier and had lost, so I knew a bit about her background. But the most political she got that night was when she said she attended lots of events in Washington that attracted congressmen and senators. "It would be nice to have a good-looking young man to attend those with me," she added.

It gets worse from there.  He also has pictures.  I also have standards, so I'm not posting them.

Look folks, politically the woman is toxic.  She's ill-equipped to be a United States Senator, absolutely.  I would not vote for her if I lived in Delaware.  She's against everything I stand for, or nearly everything, and the rest she's just making up to the point of willful ignorance.

But she is a human being, worthy of basic human courtesy and decency, and nobody should be treated like this.  Nobody.  Period.  This pile of smoking misogynistic fecal matter is beneath even Gawker.  You want to go after her politics?  Go after her politics.  You want to go after her for picking up someone 14 years younger?  That just makes you a complete bunch of assholes.  Beat her on the issues.  Leave the personal stuff out of it.

Red card, Gawker.  Red card and EPIC FAIL.

Oh, and the Village Voice says the Dudebro in question is one Brad Kurisko.  Ass.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you agree that pointless personal attacks on Republicans are out of bounds.

Are you ready to now admit that you were wrong about Jack Conway's Aqua Buddha ad now that it has all but cost him the race?

StarStorm said...

Maybe after you admit you're a goddamn 'tard and a rape apologist.

Seriously. Equating a bullshit piece (seriously Gawker, what the hell) of some guy being a skeevy ass to a political candidate to a piece about how a political candidate accosted a woman and... well, that story is just freakin' weird, but the accosting is the really bad point for me.

But hey, one bad piece against one candidate invalidates all bad pieces to all candidates. Good to know. IOKYAR after all. Asshole.


That said, it's very, very good to see Gawker catch as much flak as it's getting for this.

gil mann said...

The Conway ad's a bunch of bullshit and the woman's abduction isn't played up in it, so even though I don't know what you guys are talking about I figure I've got better-than-even odds of being right when I say saying that "rape apologist" is a bit much.

Aaaaanyway, Gawker, huh? Shame, I really liked reading that site.

gil mann said...

when I say saying that

ME AM GOOD RITER

Anonymous said...

what's impressive is that anonymous mcdouchebag can't even give Z credit for this piece. this guy has a serious fuckin' grudge going on. or maybe he's just a 'tard like starstorm says.

Related Posts with Thumbnails