Monday, September 20, 2010

Hard Days Ahead

She's tired of defending the Obama administration, she says.  The economy is collapsing faster than we can fix it.





"I'm one of your middle class Americans. And quite frankly, I'm exhausted. Exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for," she says.

I understand people are exhausted. But what's the alternative? The Republicans who got us into this mess? The Tea Party who wants to dismantle everything? What?

1 comment:

jazz lover said...

Saying "the Republicans are REALLY bad, booga booga!" is not enough for some people. I'll vote for the Dems this November, but I'm not getting all shitty about people who'd rather not do the same. For you and me an alternative to Republican craziness (however ineffective otherwise) is enough. for others it simply isn't. This is what comes of the Democrats active retreat from liberalism to become a "big tent" party: a compromised and crippled force whose watered-down legislative "achievements" ultimately please no one.

and Obama really ought to knock off that smirky "my critics on the left are a bunch of nitpicky douchebags who should STFU" bullshit. that stuff leaves a bad taste in people's mouths for a good reason: it's disturbingly similar to the contempt Bill Clinton used to express (and still does, actually) towards the organized left in this country.

Related Posts with Thumbnails