Thursday, August 19, 2010

Last Call

Recently the WSJ's Brett Arends laid out "Ten Reasons To Be Cautious" in the stock market, noting:
Could Wall Street be about to crash again?
This week's bone-rattlers may be making you wonder.
I don't make predictions. That's a sucker's game. And I'm certainly not doing so now.
But way too many people are way too complacent this summer. Here are 10 reasons to watch out.
He goes on to list a pretty fair list of reasons why you should be worried that stocks are going to be hurting very soon including subjects I've been talking about:  consumer debt load, wage and price deflation, the real unemployment figures, and most importantly the continuing housing depression.  I didn't think to mention Arends's article because I figured it was the WSJ hedging its bets.

Then I see that Jim "the housing crisis will end in July 2009" Cramer is completely discounting the article, which tells me everything you need to know about the next six months in stocks.

Things are going to get really, really ugly, folks.  Count on it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails