Monday, August 9, 2010

Last Call

Rand Paul just has a head full of bad wiring, folks.
The strangest episode of Paul's time at Baylor occurred oneafternoon in 1983 (although memories about all of these events areunderstandably a bit hazy, so the date might be slightly off), when heand a NoZe brother paid a visit to a female student who was one ofPaul's teammates on the Baylor swim team. According to this woman, whorequested anonymity because of her current job as a clinical psychologist, "He and Randy came to my house, they knocked on my door,and then they blindfolded me, tied me up, and put me in their car. They took me to their apartment and tried to force me to take bong hits.They'd been smoking pot." After the woman refused to smoke with them, Paul and his friend put her back in their car and drove to thecountryside outside of Waco, where they stopped near a creek. "They told me their god was 'Aqua Buddha' and that I needed to bow down andworship him," the woman recalls. "They blindfolded me and made me bowdown to 'Aqua Buddha' in the creek. I had to say, 'I worship you Aqua Buddha, I worship you.' At Baylor, there were people actively going around trying to save you and we had to go to chapel, so worshiping idols was a big no-no."
Nearly 30 years later, the woman is still trying to make sense ofthat afternoon. "They never hurt me, they never did anything wrong, butthe whole thing was kind of sadistic. They were messing with my mind.It was some kind of joke." She hadn't actually realized that Paul woundup leaving Baylor early. "I just know I never saw Randy after that—forunderstandable reasons, I think."
 Casual misogyny and noodling about with the cannabis, hey that's college, right?

The problem is, Rand Paul has a long and storied history of casual indifference towards others and making bad decisions.  Dunno why he's running as a Beltway outsider...sounds like he'd fit in just fine, actually.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails